When You Just Need to Know….
Some things to know about our senior screening program:
- A statistically validated approach
- Measures the likelihood that a Driver will be involved in a motor vehicle crash
- Based on research sponsored by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration and the National Institute on Aging and Best Practices of Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists (ADED)
- Provides an individual risk factor Assessment and impairment scale
- Specific recommendations will be made, perhaps restrictions for driving
- By physician referral
- Our senior screening program consists of a comprehensive Clinical assessment (including, but not limited to review of personal medical history, physical abilities, vision, visual perception, reaction time and a cognitive assessment).
- Functional/on-road assessment (including, but not limited to adherence to traffic rules and regulations, consistent use of strategies to compensate for visual, cognitive, physical and behavioral impairments).
- Treatment and intervention when appropriate (including, but not limited to adaptive driving instruction or driver retraining, with or without vehicle modifications).
Please call (602) 840-2323 for more information and to schedule an appointment!
Some Senior Disabilities we serve:
Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
Click on our Disabilities page for more information.